Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use iPhone on two computers

When I press manually manage music and videos it tells me that I can only select this option if I wipe my iPhone and sync it with the second computers iTunes because it can only be synced with one iTunes library at a time. I have music on my laptop I want to put on my phone without wiping it!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 7:26 AM

7 replies

Jun 11, 2012 12:54 AM in response to arcticfunk

Hey arctic,

You can use an iPod Classic as a hard drive to move music, but not an iPod Touch.

If they are two Macs, you an airdrop the song from one Mac to another (if airdrop capable).

Have you tried logging in to iTunes with your Apple ID and authorizing the second computer, then transferring purchases from your iOS device? This will only work if both compter and iOS device are on the same Apple ID and authorization is done.

However, you really should sync with just ONE computer. It greatly confuses things to go back and forth.

Jun 11, 2012 1:10 AM in response to arcticfunk

arcticfunk wrote:

In apple help it says you should be able to drag music on to your ipod from any computer if you put it on to manually manage music?

Referring to this support article?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1202

Read the last paragraph:

iPod shuffle and iPhone are intended for use with a single computer. You cannot load music from multiple computers or iTunes libraries onto iPod shuffle and iPhone like you can with other devices.

Unable to use iPhone on two computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.