Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am suddenly having battery problems with my iPhone 4S.

I am suddenly having battery problems with my iPhone 4S. I purchased it back in December 2011 and have had no complaints. I was also satisfied with the battery life of the iPhone 3G before that.

However, about two weeks ago, I noticed that the phone was noticeably warm and discharging around 1% every two to three minutes. That means I can be fully charged at 8:00 AM and fully dead by noon, without placing more than one or two phone calls and running no apps beyond snapping a photo or two.

I have cleared all running apps multiple times, I have restarted the phone multiple times and it didn't help.

I decided to upgrade the software to the most current release. I was at 5.1.0 (I think) and I upgraded to 5.1.1. Problem solved! It was great, but then the problem recurred about two days later and is continuing.

I am assuming that I have some kind of rogue app that is executing in the background somehow, but I sure can't find it. I am open to ideas!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, battery draining

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 8:28 AM

1 reply

Jun 6, 2012 11:26 PM in response to jrnull

I'm quite impressed with the battery of my iPhone 4s so far, running 5.1.1 too, I bought it 2 days ago, It literally last till the next day, with heavy siri, music, photo and internet also angry birds usage.

I adjusted the settings, I dimmed the brightness level, changed my email instead of fetch to manual.

location anonymous data collection is disabled. I have no problems so far,

it could be an app but you stated you are closing running app, perhaps an installed app that is running in integraded mode. but yeah so far mine is great, I was scared to purchase before but so far i'm impressed.

I am suddenly having battery problems with my iPhone 4S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.