Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

theme or master: format comments (stickies)

i searched the web but didn't find anything for this rather specific question.

i don't want to have a comment sticky on every slide, but i want to set the default formatting of added comment stickies to have a bigger font. right now, every time i make a new comment, i have to manually enlarge the font. i want to set the parameters so the default font is bigger across the whole document whenever i make a new one.

how can i do this?

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, there is no way to set a default text size for Keynote Comments.

However, you can save some time and navigation movements if you add your comments in one session. After creating the first comment and (sadly) adjusting the font, select the text and Format > Copy Style (Option-CMD-C). Then when you create the next comment all you have to do is Format Paste Style (Option-CMD-V) before you type anything and the style of the last comment will be used.

Not as graceful as setting a default and not needing to fiddle with text, but it does save some time.

Try it.

Of course, if you would like the folks at Apple to know your needs, give them some feedback:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/keynote.html

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Aminabot

However, you can save some time and navigation movements if you add your comments in one session. After creating the first comment and (sadly) adjusting the font, select the text and Format > Copy Style (Option-CMD-C). Then when you create the next comment all you have to do is Format Paste Style (Option-CMD-V) before you type anything and the style of the last comment will be used.

Not as graceful as setting a default and not needing to fiddle with text, but it does save some time.

Try it.

Of course, if you would like the folks at Apple to know your needs, give them some feedback:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/keynote.html

Jul 29, 2012 9:04 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

bwfromspring hill wrote:

Not true!

There is a very quick & easy fix for this. Open your keynote doc. Add your comment. Format it the way you like - colour fill, font style, size, whatever. Click out of the comment & then single click on it to select it.

Then go to Format-->Advanced --> Define Comment for all Masters.

Every time you insert a comment thereafter on a slide built on the Masters in that doc (or other docs with same Master), it will carry the formatiing you have set.

CAVEAT: When you are working with a brand new master, created by someone else & now imported onto your system, for example, you will have to set your default comment as above to be used with that master. But quite honestly, small price to pay I think!

Voila! 🙂

Jul 29, 2012 9:27 PM in response to iPhoneMum

iPhoneMum says :

"Click out of the comment & then single click on it to select it.

Then go to Format-->Advanced --> Define Comment for all Masters."

What version of Keynote are you using? I'm using Keynote '09 v5.2 on OSX 10.7.4 and the option doesn't exist. Was this added with OSX 10.8 to work with the Keynote '09 patch issued last week?

User uploaded file

Jul 29, 2012 9:45 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

bwfromspring hill wrote:

I'm using Keynote '09 v5.2 on OSX 10.7.4 and the option doesn't exist.

I'm using the identical specs to you - Keynote '09 v5.2 on OSX 10.7.4 - and I can assure you the option DOES exist if you follow all the steps I outlined. Significantly, you must have a comment inserted & then have selected it like a whole object, by clicking on it once. You will then find that the greyed out options for defining Charts you have screen shot above will be replaced by selectable options for Comments:

User uploaded file

Tada! 🙂

theme or master: format comments (stickies)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.