Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime (10.0) Chapter Markers

I just created a .mov from the compressor setting: H.264 for LAN. This movie has chapter markers that were created in FCP 7. That movie was exported as a standalone quicktime file before I compressed it.

In playback, the chapter markers work perfectly in both quicktime 7 player and in iTunes. (the markers are at the correct places). In QuickTime 10, I open the chapters using the button at the bottom, and all of the chapters that show up are several seconds off (too early). I have looked for a good chunk of this AM for solutions online and have not found anyone else with this particular problem.

I would like to be able to have people play this back in either QT 7 or 10 with the chapters placed perfectly in both.

I am working on a 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 and the OS is 10.6.8.

I am grateful for any help with this!

Cheers,

John

Quicktime-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 12:14 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2012 1:12 PM in response to JohnA8

I'd like to add one more comment:

It appears as though QT(10) is shifting all of the chapter markers by the distance between the start of the movie and the first chapter marker.

So for instance, "Chapter marker 1" sends the viewer to the very beginning of the movie instead of sending the viewer to where it is truly linked (which is maybe 45 seconds in). Now the rest of the chapter markers are shifted by 45 seconds.

It seems to me that a solution could be to set a chapter marker at the very first frame of the movie, but I read somewhere that you should not place a chapter marker any closer to the beginning of a movie than 1 second (29 frames). Any insight here?

Hopefully this helps clarify my issue. Once again, the chapter markers behave perfectly normal when the .mov is played on QT7(pro) or iTunes. "Chapter 1" takes you 45 seconds in where chapter 1 actually begins.

Thanks in advance for your help!

John

QuickTime (10.0) Chapter Markers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.