Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11 - printing the email photo collage

iPhoto has the great new option of sending a cool photo collage or pre-formatted 'photo e-cards'. How can I send this file to a printing service, such as Shutterfly, to print with the same quality and size options (i.e., legal size) not standard 4x6 or 5x7 options or even 8x10 which is too small?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 12:13 PM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2012 12:43 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks for your other post. The issue is that Shutterfly will only print 4x6 for quality purposes. So it won't print a larger size print for me without losing major quality.

Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions if iPhoto lets you create these collages in general without having to send via email?

The card option that they have is not sufficient since these collages are cool and would be great gifts or things to hang in my children's rooms or playroom.

Jun 6, 2012 1:40 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks. I printed the pdf file on legal size paper - which is perfect size for this specific collage, I tried - but at that size, some of the photos were not 'crisp'. So the same would happen if I brought it to a local print shop.

I was looking for an online option too since it would be easier.

I'll keep trying other options.

I'll post a new thread regarding making collages in iPhoto in general - outside of the email functionality.

iPhoto '11 - printing the email photo collage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.