Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues with iPhone 4

HI,

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with thier iPhone 4 failing to discover and connect to bluetooth devices?

I have a THB Bury car phone cradle specific to the iPhone 4 which was working fine until I updated to iOS 5.1.1 - my phone will no longer pair with it or recognise it or any other Bluetooth device !

I carried out a full reset and relaunched the phone as if it were new - no success

I took the phone to the appple store and one of the Geniuses looked at it for me. He told me it was not designed to 'discover' other BT devices after he paired it with his MacBook but could not pair the devices in the opposite direction - i.e my phone to the MacBook. I thought this strange that the premier smart phone on the market should not have this function especially when it previously worked well.

He also carried out a full reset which is deeper than the one you can do at home - no success.

The genius would not accept that this was a fault and claimed not to be aware of any issues but offered to have it repaired for around £116 !!!

Incidentally my phone is just outside its warranty and his phone would not pair up either when I asked him to check.

THis is useless to me !! I understand Apple don't want to support BT function that allows it customers to send files between devices but come on ! My £90 BT car cradle kit is now useless and cannot be paired via my iPhone.

I now really have to consider using a smart phone that will work.

I love apple stuff and currently own no less than four different devices and was considering a new mac but not now.

DIssapointed !:-(

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:52 AM

3 replies

Bluetooth issues with iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.