Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frame rates in Motion 4/5

I've been working for years in drop frame because, as far as I could tell, Motion 4 didn't support 29.97 non-drop... which makes sense seeing as animations so often have to be frame-accurate to real time.

I'm doing my damnedest to switch to Motion 5, but keep coming across issues. The latest is that, as far as I can tell, Motion 5 doesn't support non-drop... ?! I can't find anywhere to switch between drop and non-drop. Is this possible? This isn't a "deal breaker", but it's a bit irritating - I am regularly sending off files for audio post-production, and I'd rather not switch frame rates on everyone at this point (even though I prefer non-drop).

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4), RAM: 20Gigs/NVidia Quadro 4000

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 4:48 PM

1 reply

Jun 7, 2012 12:17 PM in response to Andrew Powell

Motion 4 did in fact support 29.97. I used it a lot back in the days of SD.

Motion 5 supports both, also.

In Motion from the File menu go to New From Project Browser. Top right you can set the frame rate of the project. You have to set the frame rate, size, etc. at the time you create the project. Motion 4 was the same way.

Frame rates in Motion 4/5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.