Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the order of songs in a playlist?

I know that I used to be able to drag songs to a different order in my iTunes playlists, but tonight, no matter the order that I add the songs to the playlist, or Smart Playlist, the order of the songs is alphabetically arranged, and the only other option is to click on "name" but then it just does reverse alphabetical order.

Is something different, in a recent iTunes upgrade? I'm a music teacher and I am trying to put the songs in the order that my students will be performing them next week, so this is driving me crazy tonight!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing wisdom on what I am doing wrong!

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), using Time Machine external hard dr

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 6:56 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2012 7:29 PM in response to iteachmusic

Do you have other choice selected in "View Options"? Try turning on columns for album, artist, etc. if they aren't on and see if you can sort by those. The other thing to try is to make sure you are viewing by List, not cover flow or another choice. iTunes selects Album Artist by default and that can really make it hard to get things to group properly.

How do I change the order of songs in a playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.