Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop like app for new iPad...

I'm needing a bit of help here from all you guru's of the iPad world..I'm a iPad newby crossover from the Xoom crowd and am looking for the best iPad app that will let me do the same basic functions that my Photoshop CS5 I use on my PC does...import a picture or photo in and resize it or put a text layer in on it, or create a new blank layer and add color to it with a paint bucket tool and add some text to it or layer in a picture or photo into the work. How about some graduants to the layer. I do a lot of custom logo, avatars, and game sigs work and my CS5 for my PC works super for my work...is there such an app out there for my new iPad like that???

New iPad 3-OTHER, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 7:01 AM

8 replies

Jun 7, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Thanks Allen but you can darn well bet, before posting this thread, I've already researched all the avenues of the iTunes store in my iPad app. Most of the apps that I find are very limited in their application or they don't give you much info about the app. I was hoping someone might have the "miracle app" that I'm looking for. Just wish I could install my PS CS5 into my iPad. LOL

Jun 7, 2012 10:30 AM in response to Rickzapple

I don't think you'll find that miracle app that does everything that PhotoShop does. PhotoShop is a huge program and requires more processing power than the iPad can provide. I haven't yet found an app that adds text to a photo. PhotoForge2 does work with layers but I haven't used that feature so can't comment on how good it might be. The two apps I use most for working on photos are PhotoForge2 and iPhoto. They have some overlap but they also have several unique abilities. There are others as you have discovered.

Jun 7, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Ralph9430

Really appreciate all your help here guys but as I said, I've been doing a ton of research and have found what I need. FYI...PhotoForge2, Photogene, Signiture iPad, and the new Photoshop Touch all will add text to anything you want but all but the Photoshop Touch have various limited applications they can perform or accomplish.

After trying all of these and an FYI for Ralph, the last program I picked up, the new version of Photoshop Touch, does it all and darn near all the important things needed that the CS5 on my desktop does. Truly an amazing program for an iPad format. I was very pleasantly surprised and was well worth the $10 bucks it cost me. A thumbs up for James with his suggestion and it was perfect! Thanks again guys!

Photoshop like app for new iPad...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.