Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i-photo 6 to 9: can't up-grade library

Hello,

We are stucked for 1 week already.

Any idears?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 7:56 AM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2012 8:38 AM in response to wjosten

Good evening,

Thanks for your time. Could you have a look to my issue?

Issue occured:

When: 06/01/2012

How: After downloading version i-photo 9.2.3

What: after downloading application i-photo request me to convert my library. I accept.

After 10 minutes, the convertion barr if full-filled, and disapear. On I-photo page, on the left menu apprears, and in center of the i-photo page, the symbol of "system at work" is turning. This logo remains there for several days.

Additional data:

I run MAC OS X 10.6.8

According to i-photo there would be more than 20 000pictures on our library.

When I go to Hard-drive Finder in "my images", I still find my pictures.

A huge quantity of "faces" have been created.

Previous actions:

I searched on internet this kind of issue, found and tested:

Go onto Hard-drive utility and launch a hard drive authorisation check and then a repairing.

I did after closing i-photo (that had not really started)

Then I restarted computer.

Result:

All symptoms remained the same

I have been to the address you proposed Level 8.

Do you have more idears?

Jun 7, 2012 10:54 AM in response to el-ahdab

What happens when you launch iPhoto and it starts to convert your library? Does it still freeze up?

If it does try this: launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and check to see if the same problem persists.

If the test library can be created and used without issue then we need to repair your main library as follows: make a temporary, backup copy (select the library and type Command+D) and apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

Select the options identified in the screenshot.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.
  • Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File ➙ Rebuild Library menu option
  • In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

i-photo 6 to 9: can't up-grade library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.