Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone best on Telus, Rogers or Bell?

I want to get an iPhone 4S in Alberta, Canada. My wife has an iPhone 3G and has had problems with receiving SMS messages on one of these service providers. I.e. her friend will send an SMS message, and they will think it was sent - but my wife's phone never receives it. This has happened consistently on her phone from several different senders. She replaced the SIM card - no change. She replaced the iPhone - no change. Basically, I don't want to deal with these kinds of quirks myself. I've seen that Telus has more cell towers, but have heard the system Rogers uses to distribute cell service is the best setup for the iPhone. Bell might use the same towers as Telus, but I'm unsure. If you can help me figure out what is important in choosing a service provider, please help! Thanks so much.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 11:05 AM

The iPhone works best on whichever carriers has the best coverage in your area. This is a worldwide phenominon. There is not "best" carrier.

SMS issues between carriers are not device specific.

Pick the carrier that meets your needs for coverage and pricing.

4 replies

Jun 7, 2012 12:51 PM in response to diesel vdub

After doing a little more research, I've learned that there may be differences in the HSPA Telus network and the CDMA Telus network. I have had a blackberry on the Telus network (which I think uses CDMA - is that correct?) and it has been great. However, it sounds like the HSPA network is troubled. Now, I see the iPhone 4 and 4S have CDMA configurations (whereas the 3G didn't). Does anybody know if this has improved iPhone service on Telus in Canada?

Jun 7, 2012 1:13 PM in response to jucc

As diesel vdub stated above, the CDMA version of the iPhone is not applicable on the Telus/Bell or Rogers network. The CDMA network is still in place, but only to accommodate the existing phones that are still in use. I have had very good luck with the Telus GSM service. I have used the tethering option to provide Internet access for my iPad and MacBook Pro, with very good speed results.

iPhone best on Telus, Rogers or Bell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.