Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up apps on iPhone ???

I need to back up my apps from my iPhone. I have some new apps that are not yet in iTunes. [I have just backed up the phone]

So far when I try to sync the iPhone apps, I am warned that the apps and data in the phone will be replaced by what's in iTunes.

I can not find how to save my apps or transfer my new apps to IiTunes without the in-phone apps being destroyed. Help files are letting me down.

What the heck ???

How should I do this? I want to put the latest iPhone update in my phone and I won't do that before I have safely saved or dupe'd the new apps into iTunes.

I think that is the smart thing to do.

But how ?????

Mike Bauers

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 2:00 PM

If you purchased new apps from your phone that you do not have in iTunes on your computer, then you should be asked if you want to transfer purchases to your iTunes Library. In any case you can always re-download purchased apps at no added charge.

3 replies

Back up apps on iPhone ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.