Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable spell check in Safari 5.1.3?

Right clicking and going through through the grammar and spelling options, no combination seems to give me what I had in 10.6.8... namely a red underline underneath mispelled words and the ability to ignore that or right click it for suggestions and other options. Does this functionality still exist in Safari? It does in Mail, but I can't spell check anything I type in a forum with Safari like I used to.

Thanks!

Safari 5.1.3 and OS 10.7.3

Mac Pro early 2009 2.26 dual quad -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 2:48 PM

Hi...

From the Safari menu bar top of your screen click Edit > Spelling and Grammar

9 replies

Jun 7, 2012 3:42 PM in response to elenianderic

Not having your system software up to date may be part of the problem.

And could be Safari prefs are corrupted.

Quit Safari.

Go to ~/Library/Preferences

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.

Relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, move the .plist file back to the Preferences folder.

edited by: cs

Jun 7, 2012 3:51 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

My primary work application has not been qualified for 10.7.4 yet. In any case, I did not see anything to indicate that my Safari issue is wide spread or that it has been corrected in either of the two subsequent builds of Safari.

I did a clean install of 10.7.3, but simply copied over the contents of the Safari folder - perhaps there's something incompatible I'm going to move the contents of User>Library>Safari out temporarily and trash the preferences. Maybe that will help.

How do I enable spell check in Safari 5.1.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.