Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband voice recording capacity

Hello All,

I have a few questions.

I bought a MacBook Air (64G).

I will be using it to record some lectures for church. I'm planing to use Garageband.

First Question:

I been browsing around the forum + google and i found some old (2005-2007) threads that said people could not record for longer than 33 minutes.
Is this still the case with this new version of GB?

Second Question:
Some of these lectures could last a few hours (4-5hours) with mutiple speakers in between. Should i be concern about the size + the lenth of these recording? Can i record through the entire 4-5hrs or should i split the tracks into separate tracks once 1 speakers goes up and another goes down?

Any best practices tips you can share would be great.

This will be my first time using this program, so i'll be practicing quite a bit. But any pointers would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Rookie

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 5:26 PM

1 reply

Jun 7, 2012 7:47 PM in response to MManzano

MManzano wrote:

Hello All,

people could not record for longer than 33 minutes.

Is this still the case with this new version of GB?

no:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#recordlength

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

MManzano wrote:

Should i be concern about the size + the lenth of these recording?

you should be concerned that one error could cost you the entire lecture (read the entire above FAQ entry)

MManzano wrote:

Hello All,

Can i record through the entire 4-5hrs or should i split the tracks into separate tracks once 1 speakers goes up and another goes down?

you could, but again, leaving it all in one project file is a mistake.

if you're going to use GB, then a best practice would be to save and create a new project for each speaker. at minimum, stop and save at any break.

many would suggest using an audio editor rather than GB for the recording:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#audioeditors

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

Garageband voice recording capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.