Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on iPhone - frequent screen, unnecessary, refresh

Ever since installing IOS 5.0 on 3GS iPhone - in Safari when moving from one page to another there are frequent repeated and unnecessary screen refreshes. Almost every time a change of page I have to wait for Safari to completely re-download that page. What's the fix?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:07 PM

5 replies

Jun 8, 2012 1:58 PM in response to Pinocchio2008

It has 32 GB of storage. Not RAM. iOS 5 is notoriously slow on the 3GS for many reasons, but in this case it's because of the RAM. The only "solution" would be to upgrade your iPhone to the iPhone 4 or 4S. I know it's lame, but you'll just have to get used to it or upgrade. I know exactly how you feel though. When upgraded to iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G (the one before the 3GS), it became extremely slow. That's how technology works. You have to upgrade the hardware to keep up with the software.

Jun 8, 2012 3:12 PM in response to evilninjection

I understand, thank you ! Can you say how I might go about re-installing (to retrograde the IOS) to an earlier IOS version that I would know did work well with 3GS? I recognize that doing so will sacrifice the more advanced features in IOS 5, but a better functioning 33GS might be worth that sacrifice unles doing so is just gonna cause other problems I might like even less. Frankly, I've rarely used it as a telephone. I've seriously considered getting the Air, or perhaps one of these new Macbooks we might be learning more about next week at the Mac in San Fran. What do you think.

Jun 8, 2012 4:48 PM in response to Pinocchio2008

You cannot downgrade iOS.

(Well technically, you can, but it requires having done some things to your phone before you upgraded it. Unless you backed up something called an shsh blob, it is impossible. And if you don't know what that is, you haven't done it.)

As for getting a new Mac, it's up to you. If you are deciding between the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air, here's my advice. if you travel a lot or are on a tight budget, go with the Air. If you want a computer that's more powerful and will last longer, get the Pro and buy an SSD for it.

Safari on iPhone - frequent screen, unnecessary, refresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.