Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country list in contacts: countries missing

The country list in Contacts is missing countries. This is a huge hassle, as you have to assign a false country name to a new contact from a missing country. When you synchronise with Outlook, you then have to go and correct it. Apple should be using the standard ISO 3166-1 list rather than making up its own. Countries I have founds missing:

Anguilla

British Virgin Islands

Gibraltar

Guernsey

Isle of Man

Jersey

Montserrat

Turks and Caicos

That's about 100,000 people living in countires Apple doesn't recognize.....

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 4:17 AM

11 replies

Jun 14, 2012 12:10 AM in response to Ashka

Thanks. I understand (and stated) that once synced to Outlook I can change the country. Your suggestion to use Outlook to input the addresses is funny - do I explain to a business partner in Gibraltar "sorry, I can't put your address in my iPhone because Apple doesn't know Gibraltar exists"??

It's a really minor bug - the country list simply needs to be the full ISO 3166-1 list. It's incomprehensible that Apple doesn't see to this. It's unfortunately also very typical of American companies - countries we haven't heard of don't exist......

Nov 12, 2013 10:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Really? I honestly did not know that *sarcasm*!

And actually, Curaçao isn't "part of" The Netherlands/Holland anymore for about two years now.

And my actual question to you is: what is it that you are implying with your comment?

Because I also can not find "Kingdom of The Netherlands" in the country list on my iPhone (with iOS 6.1) and I also checked it on my girlfriend's iPhone with iOS 7.1.3, and also here no "Curaçao", "Aruba", "Dutch Antilles", "Netherlands Antilles" or "Kingdom of The Netherlands" in her list.

So...what's your point?

Nov 12, 2013 11:28 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Let me try understanding you. Because apparently you are way too smart for me to understand you.

So, let's say my contact is living on the "Peter Euwensweg number 1" in Curacao, you are actually saying that I should add his/her address to my contact as follows:

Street: Peter Euwensweg 1

Is this correct? Is this what you are saying? Please enlighten me with another one of your smart replies.

Feb 23, 2014 10:24 AM in response to castellar

I know what you're saying peelnpee.

Because I can't activate my keychain for passwords because icloud ask for a phone number to send you message with a pre programmed list of countries with the phone code.

I'm from Aruba. There is no Aruba in the list.

I can't put The Netherlands because there phone code is +31 and Aruba phone code is +297.

Any thought on that?

Country list in contacts: countries missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.