11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2014 10:24 AM by solo297 Branched to a new discussion.
castellar Level 1 Level 1

The country list in Contacts is missing countries. This is a huge hassle, as you have to assign a false country name to a new contact from a missing country. When you synchronise with Outlook, you then have to go and correct it. Apple should be using the standard ISO 3166-1 list rather than making up its own. Countries I have founds missing:

Anguilla

British Virgin Islands

Gibraltar

Guernsey

Isle of Man

Jersey

Montserrat

Turks and Caicos

That's about 100,000 people living in countires Apple doesn't recognize.....

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1
  • castellar Level 1 Level 1

No comments on this from any one?

• Ashka Level 4 Level 4
    expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks

If you sync via Mac all those Countries can be typed in to new contact addresses so should work.

Looks like a simple Country list in iOS  but sadly without the option to type in a different Country.

Can you set up the contacts in Outlook and sync from there.. ie backwards..

either way please send feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Thanks. I understand (and stated) that once synced to Outlook I can change the country. Your suggestion to use Outlook to input the addresses is funny - do I explain to a business partner in Gibraltar "sorry, I can't put your address in my iPhone because Apple doesn't know Gibraltar exists"??

It's a really minor bug - the country list simply needs to be the full ISO 3166-1 list. It's incomprehensible that Apple doesn't see to this. It's unfortunately also very typical of American companies - countries we haven't heard of don't exist......

Forgot to add that yes, I have left feedback. But I don't have much hope - missing countries have been a complaint since the first iPhone and rather than fix the problem once and for all, Apple just adds a few countries here and there.

• PeeInPee Level 1 Level 1

I also found missing (on iOS 6.1):

- Curaçao (a.k.a. Dutch Antilles or Netherlands Antilles) and

- Aruba

Is there an update? Is this issue maybe fixed in iOS 7 or greater?

• Meg St._Clair Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

PeeInPee wrote:

I also found missing (on iOS 6.1):

- Curaçao (a.k.a. Dutch Antilles or Netherlands Antilles) and

- Aruba

Is there an update? Is this issue maybe fixed in iOS 7 or greater?

Curacao and Aruba are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Really? I honestly did not know that *sarcasm*!

And actually, Curaçao isn't "part of" The Netherlands/Holland anymore for about two years now.

And my actual question to you is: what is it that you are implying with your comment?

Because I also can not find "Kingdom of The Netherlands" in the country list on my iPhone (with iOS 6.1) and I also checked it on my girlfriend's iPhone with iOS 7.1.3, and also here no "Curaçao", "Aruba", "Dutch Antilles", "Netherlands Antilles" or "Kingdom of The Netherlands" in her list.

So...what's your point?

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

The Kingdom of the Netherlands is generally just called "The Netherlands". I can find it on my phone.

Curacao is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (AKA The Netherlands).

Let me try understanding you. Because apparently you are way too smart for me to understand you.

So, let's say my contact is living on the "Peter Euwensweg number 1" in Curacao, you are actually saying that I should add his/her address to my contact as follows:

Street: Peter Euwensweg 1

Is this correct? Is this what you are saying? Please enlighten me with another one of your smart replies.

expertise.iphone
    iPhone

PeeInPee wrote:

Is this correct? Is this what you are saying?

Apparently there is a reading comprehension or language issue here. Please see my previous reponse. If the factual information therein confusing to you or of no use, feel free to ignore it.

Best of luck.

• solo297 Level 1 Level 1

I know what you're saying peelnpee.

Because I can't activate my keychain for passwords because icloud ask for a phone number to send you message with a pre programmed list of countries with the phone code.

I'm from Aruba. There is no Aruba in the list.

I can't put The Netherlands because there phone code is +31 and Aruba phone code is +297.

Any thought on that?