Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting intermittent 'Forbidden' messages from Apache

Hi, all,

I'm running Lion server and I am getting intermittent 403/Forbidden messages, mainly on just one site. At the time of the faults I get the following in the error log:

[Fri Jun 08 13:39:08 2012] [error] [client 1.1.1.1] mod_hfs_apple: Mis-cased URI: /Library/WebServer/Documents/mydocuments/, wants: /Library/WebServer/Documents/MyDocuments/

If the page is delivered correctly there are no messages. The root folder for the site is /Library/WebServer/Documents/MyDocuments/ and I can't find any http.conf files where it is defined in lower case

Very often a particular page will get stuck generating the error every time and when this happens restarting Apache using server.app clears the problem. Sometimes the problem clears by refreshing the page a number of times. I see the fault when using both the domain name and the direct IP address.

Apache has the correct permissions set (although if they were wrong I would obviously expect it to fail every time). None of the affected pages have realms defined and WebDAV is disabled for this domain.

I've been running OSX server for many years and haven't seen this problem before, it first appeared when I bought a new Mac Mini (and installed Lion Server on it) to replace an older Mac server .

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Gordon.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Lion server

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 6:17 AM

There are no replies.

Getting intermittent 'Forbidden' messages from Apache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.