Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an easy way to turn off Genius in itunes 10.6.1?

I have Genius playlists on my ipad2 that I do not want. I would like to get rid of all Genius suggestions and have viewed many suggestions; one being to go to the store tab and click turn off genius. This option is not available it only gives the option 'Update Genius'. I recently joined itunes Match and this seems to automatically think that you want to have Genius. Can someone help me in gettng rid of Genius. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:10 AM

12 replies

Jun 8, 2012 10:01 AM in response to Chris CA

I have got a number of Genius playlists on my iPad 2 that unlike the other playlists that I created cannot be deleted on an ipad. (I don't have Genius playlists within iTunes).

I can delete my own playlists on my iPad by holding my finger on the playlist and then a small 'x' appears within a circle which I can then press to delete the playlist. This 'x' does not appear on the Genius playlists.

I should mention that on the iPad the playlists created by Genius, have a small Genius logo and they are all called "......... Mix". For example Post Punk Mix or Singer/Songwriter Mix and I have 24 such playlists.

I want to get rid of these ipad playlists.

Here's hoping!!

Aug 14, 2013 6:32 AM in response to peter2300

In reply to Peter2300's problem of not being able to delete Genius Playlists on the ipdad. I had this same problem on my ipad2 and my son's ipad mini. In both our cases we had a number of extra Genius Playlists and most of these had no songs in them. We couldn't delete them the normal way by just holding down on them until the little X appeared. We both solved it the same way. On my iPad when I "tap" on the Genius playlist I want to delete, it switches to the screen showing the individual songs in the Genius list (even if it's just a blank playlist), and there is a "save" button near the upper right of the screen. I pressed the Save button and then hit the button on the upper left to return to the list of Playlists. After doing this, the last Genius Playlist displayed could then be deleted the normal way by pressing on it and waiting for the X. I had to repeat this process for each extra Genius playlist I wanted to get rid of (which was all of them b/c on mine they were all blanks). I just repeated the process of viewing each playlist, saving it, going back to the list of Playlists and then deleting the one that appeared last on the screen. So far these Genious Playlists have not returned. Hope this helps.

Is there an easy way to turn off Genius in itunes 10.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.