Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there are a possibility that Apple may stop support/upgrade for Ipad 2 in the near future?

Is there are a possibility that Apple may stop support/upgrade for Ipad 2 in the near future?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 6:30 AM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2012 7:44 AM in response to jbb83

Define "near future". We can only comment by past behavior since Apple does not vouchsafe its future plans. With computers, for example, for the past couple of operating system releases Apple has stopped supporting older versions after roughly 4 years. Does the same apply to iPads? No idea. They haven't been around long enough. One thing about mobile devices is they are not as repairable as hardware used to be. When I asked in an Apple Store about battery life for an iPhone the reply was, "Oh, about two years, by which time you will be thinking about getting a new phone anyway." I got the impression from this that the iPhone's life expectancy wasn't in the same league as my G4's 10 years. 🙂

Jun 8, 2012 9:33 AM in response to Limnos

You may be more curious about the Apps Supporting the device. Many of the new apps built for the newest tech gadgets will usually support the most recent two to three devices. You'll notice some of the newer apps are dropping support for the iPad (1). That said, by the time the 5th iPad is out, you may see a majority amount of apps not supporting the iPad 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.