Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When did apple discussions become so bad?

I remember when posting questions was a quick way to solve most problems. Now half of my posts never get answered at all, and those that do are rarely helpful. Is it just me, or have others had similar experiences? Do you think fewer people are using the discussions, or is it the other way around? I'm more curious than annoyed, and I just wonder what has changed.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:20 AM

8 replies

Jun 8, 2012 11:15 AM in response to gymnopedie

One factor is simply the number of posts from users combined with somebody actually knowing the answer to your specific question. If it is a heavily posted forum and somebody is not around who knows the answer to your question, your post can scroll off the first page pretty quickly.

It does seem to me there are more contributors around these days, but there are also more forums (note the plethora of i-gadgets) so I think we're still spread thinly.

Pplease keep in mind we are all volunteers. Once I start helping somebody I do feel a kind of Chinese obligation to follow through as much as I can, but it is difficult to tell my wife I am sorry I cannot come to supper right now because I am helping somebody who forgot to back up their iTunes folder (EMERGENCY! URGENT!!!!) get their computer ready for a party tonight. 🙂

Also, remember some of us may not even know what it is you are asking ("Mission Control"??? - check my profile below 😉).

Jun 8, 2012 1:09 PM in response to gymnopedie

The changes to these forums about a year ago chased off some of the old regulars who had problems adjusting. That, plus the proliferation of new forums for new devices has made keeping up difficult. I can generally keep up with a few forums only. And even there, I don't read or try to answer the majority of the topics, because they are not in my area of expertise or interest, or even sometimes because I just plain don't want to get involved in a topic that I can tell is going to involve intensive explanation of how to use the computer from the ground up.

In the case of your question about app switching, I've posted a response there.

When did apple discussions become so bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.