Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder under "favorities" has disappeared, can't even find it under in my Time Machine backups

I even searched for the folder, called "SAMPLES", in backups that are two months ago and can't find the folder. It only disappeared on me last week....

Macbook Pro i7, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:54 AM

6 replies

Jun 9, 2012 11:58 AM in response to alexfsu

Is there any chance your "SAMPLES," folder was originally located on an external drive? (usb, firewire, etc.) Or, on an unmounted external or internal drive? Or, that the volume it is on, whether internal or external, is excluded from spotlight in spotlight's preferences?

If it was once in the favorites sidebar, and finder was relaunched, or the mac was restarted, once finder loads it would disappear from the "favorites sidebar," (and also not show up in spotlight.)

Also, if "SAMPLES," was on an external drive, it would not be findable through timemachine.

Folder under "favorities" has disappeared, can't even find it under in my Time Machine backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.