Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the deal with the screwy scaling in Safari?

Ever since the last update (5.1.7) some Web pages come in overscaled, some underscaled. By using the zoom +/- and/or the A/a I can correct most of the problems. But there are still headers, Flash placemats, and Ad placemats that are not scaled to the same ratio. I also noticed that drop down menus, especially Amazon, are not lined up correctly with the type and HTML lines. Clicking on the HTML text does not lead you to the correct page. Sometime I have to scale the page in order to get all the attributes on one page, but the font is so small I can't read the page.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:33 PM

5 replies

Jun 8, 2012 1:25 PM in response to Michael Sanford1

Hi..

Try the default font. From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences > Appearance

For Standard font use Times 16 click Select to prompt the Fonts window

For Fixed-widge use Courier 13

Default encoding: Western (ISO Latin 1)

I also noticed that drop down menus, especially Amazon, are not lined up correctly with the type and HTML lines.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Advanced tab.

Where you see Style Sheet click the pop up menu; select None Selected

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

And check System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing

Make sure Zoom is not enabled.

Jun 8, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

The Flash and Ad placeholders are still being affected by scaling problems. I still cannot get the html lines on Amazon to line up with the pointer. I set all the settings to your suggestions. I forgot untill right now that I have an extension installed ZoomBySite. I disabled it. I also have an extension called "helvetica the world" and disabled it. We'll see what happens.

What is the deal with the screwy scaling in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.