Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Markers?

FCP X has a weird behavior where if you trim a clip that has a marker attached to it, it will keep the marker attached, but it won't be visible. The marker won't show up in the Timeline Index. Apparently, that index shows you visible markers, not hidden ones.

Is there an easy way to find the hidden markers and get rid of them?

Right now, when I use the keyboard shortcut to jump between markers, it's including the hidden markers and it's darn annoying.

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:12 PM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2016 4:33 AM in response to Scot Walker

Any chance you ever saw resolution to this problem? I've just come across this myself now in FCPX 10.2.3 and reported it to Apple but have not heard anything. I would love it if there was some way to ferret this out of the project container and "fix" the associated source file that seems to be tripping things up. As it is, exporting the FCPXML file is inserting all of those now-hidden markers into the mix which is breaking some down-stream tooling I have.

Hidden Markers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.