Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U not showing up in main menu

My iTunes U content is not showing up in the main menu of my iPod Classic. The iPod Classic manual says that there should be an iTunes U item right in the main menu, along with Music, Videos, Podcasts, etc.

I can find iTunes U files littered in two other places: Music->Playlists->iTunes U, and Music->Genres->iTunes U. The problem with this work-around is that the files have no organization in these views. Unlike podcasts that are organized by title and then when you click on each podcast you see a listing of individual episodes, the iTunes U files are all mixed together.

I have around 50 iTunes U classes, each with about 2 dozen tracks. These are well organized on my Macbook (by default, just by downloading them), but without the iTuens U section on the iPod, they show up as a few hundred random tracks in no discernable order.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 1:01 PM

9 replies

Jun 12, 2012 9:03 AM in response to sangretoro

Here is the User Guide for the 120 GB model. I don't see any reference to iTunes U in it. So if this content only appears under that specified menus, I'm afraid that's the way it is and cannot be altered.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_classic_120GB_en.pdf

You might be able to re-organize them by putting each of them in a separate playlist and then syncing each series as a separate playlist. Not the best solution, but in this case it might be all that works.

B-rock

Jun 13, 2012 11:23 AM in response to planb77

It's disapointing that a company that prides itself on user experience has let this great feature remain unusable on the 2009 iPod Classics.

They're not THAT old after all. I would think it would be a fairly easy fix to treat iTunesU files similarly to Podcasts (organized and easily accessible), rather than have them jumbled up in a hard to access sub sub sub folder.

Any ideas on how to request an update to resolve this bug? (it certainly isn't a feature)

iTunes U not showing up in main menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.