Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud vs iDisk

I keep hearing that iCloud is now going to offer 20gb data storage for a price (19.95/yr) to essentially replace the functionality of iDisk - Is this true ?

If not, what does it take to make one of myy systems at a remote location to act like an iDisk where I can store any kind of data as i did with iDisk ?

Help of any kind would be appreciated.

PecosTom

Mac Pro, iOS 5.1.1, iDisk vs iCloud (data storage)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 3:03 PM

5 replies

Jun 9, 2012 3:05 AM in response to Kappy

Hi

When idisk was rolled to the graveyard I started to look for an alternative.

Dropbox is the solution for me. It works perfect. Also for sharing with a community, also including non-Mac users.

I has been a great fan of idisk and mobileme. I'm still not sure what Apples plan for icloud is. Its great that we can sync a lot of stuff between devices. But what about all our important pages/numbers and keynote documents.

I think Apple should put more attention to get this done right.

Rgds,

Torben

iCloud vs iDisk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.