Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did iphoto delete all of my albums without me clicking anything?

I was looking to upload a photo online, just browsing through photos, all photos were there, but I decided I wanted to edit it first. I click out. I go open iPhoto, it says it needs to be updated, I decline, it closes automatically. I open it agian, this time allow it to update, then all of my photos are gone. It says the last update was April 2011, when I know I have uploaded probably 50 different albums since then. I restart hoping this fixes things. It doesn't. I restart again, no dice.

What happened? How could it have deleted all my photos? They aren't anywhere - I searched all images and pictures folders. I searched the iphoto library. What can I do?

I'm particularly upset because it deleted my engagement photos and engagement party photos. Not to mention all of my holiday photos from this year.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 4:13 PM

5 replies

Why did iphoto delete all of my albums without me clicking anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.