Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won't load Internet on wireless but works with ethernet

My macbook wont load any web pages. It is connected to my wifi network and it says my Internet connection is good under my network settings. All my other devices on the network have no issues (ipad2, 2-iPhone 4's and 2-PS3s). Also when I connect my MacBook to my router with an Ethernet cable it loads any and all web pages instantly. I also tried installing Firefox thinking it may have been an issue with safari. No luck there. The issue was intermittent at first and would require I restart my computer/router and then issue would be corrected. Now the internet wont load any pages at all. I also tried zapping the PRAM, flushing the DNS cache, removing files from the system config folder under Library/Preferences/system configuration and a few other things I can't exactly remember. My MacBook is up to date, my routers firmware is up to date. I even tried tethering my MacBook to my iPhone via wireless Internet and still could not load any websites. Anyone have any other suggestions?

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:18 PM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2012 1:34 AM in response to scmarcil

Ok....

How about this.

Get into your router's settings.

Under Clients start taking off who's logged in to the router (your macbook and the ones you don't know)

On the wireless section of it, try ot change the channel. It's usually set at channel 7 or 6 depending on who makes your wireless router.

Try every channel until you get a connection.

See if that works.

MacBook won't load Internet on wireless but works with ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.