Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet sharing problem 10.7.4

I used to create WEP protected Wi-fi network, then switch on internet sharing using Wi-fi and internet was shared through the Wi-Fi network I just created. Of course, pathetic that only WEP could be used but at least it worked.

Now, after update to 10.7.4, when I enable Internet sharing, my network I just created gets deleted, and some kind of default network with name "Wi-Fi Network" is created, and internet is shared through it! And, this "Wi-Fi Network" is totally unprotected! I cannot find a way how to change it's name or add any kind of security.

***, is it supposed to work like that, or is there anything wrong?

Thanks,

rA

MBP 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:40 PM

Click the Wi-Fi Options button in the Sharing preference pane.

3 replies

Jun 8, 2012 8:54 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks, great!

Is there a way to still somehow share internet through existing network like before? I do not need continuous sharing, and it was very convenient to switch it on only when required.

Now, it appears that I need to re-create the network every time I want to share internet, re-enter the password etc.

Thanks,

rA

Internet sharing problem 10.7.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.