Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Entorage with iPad3. Do I need an app on the iPad?

ok, i have done the bit above, what do i need on my ipad? the calendar, contact and email application here is not synced.

iPad

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:28 AM

7 replies

Jun 9, 2012 4:44 AM in response to Asario

The Apple instructions helpfully give you exactly half the information you need.

Sync Services will sync Entourage with your Apple applications - iCal and Address Book. So you should be able to see your calendar and contact information in those apps on the Mac.

To sync the Apple applications with the iPad, turn on syncing in iTunes - connect your iPad, open iTunes, locate the iPad on the left, click it, and choose the Info tab. Choose to sync contacts and calendars. You can also turn on wifi sync, so that you don't have to connect the cable each time. (The iPad will sync when connected to power and in the same wireless network).

Alternatively, you can set up iCloud if you have 10.7, and sync that information over-the-air automatically

Matt

Jun 9, 2012 5:25 AM in response to Matt Clifton

But iCloud will do the Mac (iCal/Address Book) to iPad part of the sync. He already has Entourage to iCal/Address Book syncing set up with Sync Services.

That won't work with iCloud.

To sync via SyncServices calendars and contacts need to be stored locally. To sync via iCloud contacts and calendars need to be stored on the iCloud server. They can't be in two different places at the same time.

This is why you cannot sync contacts and calendars in Entourage (kept in sync with Address Book and iCal via SyncServices) through iCloud to iOS devices.

Syncing Entorage with iPad3. Do I need an app on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.