Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen ipad

My ipad has been stolen in the philippines, is there a way i can block it so it will be useless to the one who stole it?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:04 AM

2 replies

Jun 9, 2012 2:48 PM in response to Rachruhm

Contact your wireless provider to see if they provide that service.

If your iPad was WiFi only, the answer is no.

Report the theft to the local police. See if any of your insurance

will cover the loss. Immediately change all your email, on-line,

and financial passwords. If your iPad was not password protected

and you kept confidential information on it, uh-oh...

Jun 11, 2012 8:03 AM in response to Rachruhm

It is not possible to block an iPad so that someone can't use it. Even the cell carrier cannot do so; all they could do is block that particular SIM from connecting to their network. If you had Find My iPad set up prior to the theft, you could possible lock the iPad, wipe the data from it, or try to locate it, but the thief has only to restore the iPad to cancel that capability and get full use of the iPad, though they won't have access to any of your data. If you did not set up Find My iPad, then there's nothing you can do other than what imobl suggested.

Regards.

Stolen ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.