Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphoto 11 refuses to launch

It just opens a window and show the cicle loading round and round - but never opens.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:45 AM

Sorry, forgot to state that it is iphoto '11 version 9.2.3 and it used to work fine.

7 replies

Jun 9, 2012 2:11 PM in response to kfossand

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

Jun 9, 2012 4:55 PM in response to Yer_Man

I'm having the same problem.... I tried the option above and it's not working.'

I have a MAC OS version 10.6.8 and I-Photo version 9.2.3

I have my Mac since October and everything worked well with Iphoto untill a recent update

Since, impossible to get into Iphoto and it seems like I lost most of my pictures but the faces ones

I followed someone's advice and uninstalled IPhoto... then re-installed it (it cost me 14.95 $) but the problem is the same..

HOW can I get Iphoto to work again.... I know it's a problem that a lot of people have because of some update and plug-ins

Thanks for your help

My iphoto 11 refuses to launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.