Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the 27" Thunderbolt and Apple 24" Cinema LED displays

I hope everything is having a good weekend. I have been trying to find an answer and no avail I am not able to find any solid answer.

Setup:

2011 MacBook Pro 15" (MacBookPro8,2 model)

27" Apple Thunderbolt Display

Additional Equipment:

Apple 30" Cinema HD Display

Apple 24" LED Cinema Display

Ideally I would like to have all three monitors connected this macbook pro, but I know it may be hard. At the minimum though I would setting for the 27" and 24" to be the two monitors. Some time ago, I saw a web posting and a podcast talk about some entity achieving this feat, but it require the Pegasus RAID system. I have noticed that I cannot directly connect the 24" to the 27" as the result is the 24" has a black screen and the MacBook Pro does not recognize the 24".

Now I have seen products which offer the monitors to be connected using some third party peripherels:

Unfortunately the results would mean that my Thunderbolt will not be useful after I connect the 24" since it will not allow any more thunderbolt connections. That is acceptable, but I will like to hear from anyone who is willing to share their experience. I cannot find the link to a solution which allow the 24" to be connected to the MacBook Pro thru USB device (siimlar to the display link device).

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:05 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2012 4:41 PM in response to Toen

It appears that a Thunderbolt accessory: "seagate goflex thunderbolt adapter" solves the problem. Having the seagate device between the two monitors allows the 24" Apple LED Cinema Display to start working. The solution may not be right for everyone as the adapter is about $179.99 on Amazon.

Using the 27" Thunderbolt and Apple 24" Cinema LED displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.