Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi gone: "No Airport Card Installed."

Last night I watched Netflix just fine, put my laptop to bed and this morning, no wif-fi connection!!. Blank airport icon reading "No Airport Card Installed."

Recently installed new battery, not that that probably matters. 🙂 Do you think my Airport Card died overnight? I have tried restarting twice and nothing. Other devices can connect to the wi-fi just fine. Any suggestions? Looks like this, below.... thank you tech-heads for any help you can give me. Staying tethered to the modem is a drag... especially since I just forked over $130 for a new battery! I have a MBp-17 with OS 10.5.8, Mahalo from Kona Hawaii.

User uploaded file

MBP-17, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Mac user since the early 80s!

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 12:20 PM

5 replies

Jun 9, 2012 12:54 PM in response to Kristina Anderson

Unfortunately this probably means that your MacBook's AirPort card has died. Last desperate effort at reviving it, try resetting the PRAM on the MacBook and if that does not change anything reset the System Management Controller.

If none of those work, carry it in for service or call Apple at the appropriate phone number on this page to have them set up service.

Best of luck.

Wi-Fi gone: "No Airport Card Installed."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.