Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer music from iphone to imac

I have bought a new imac and want now to transfer all my music from my iphone to my imac. how?

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 2:43 PM

28 replies

Jun 9, 2012 5:28 PM in response to frederick328

If you still have access to your Old Computer Transfer your iTunes Library to the New Mac...

See Here for one way

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Or...

Copy your ENTIRE iTunes FOLDER to an External Drive... and then from the External Drive to your New Computer..

Backup iTunes to an External Drive

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

An Added Bonus is that you will have a Backup of iTunes.

Jul 5, 2013 4:22 AM in response to frederick328

If you still have your old iTunes from the computer you were using before, you can back up from that iTunes, and then import into your new computer. You can back up to disk, that's what I've used a few times, it's easy to do, but it takes awhile.

You could also opt for the very easy but costly method of buying a program such as iPhone to Mac transfer. I bought it awhile back when my computer crashed but I still had all my music, playlists, ratings etc. on my iPod.

<Link Edited By Host>

Jul 9, 2013 12:31 PM in response to frederick328

Make sure you have logged into the store in iTunes on the new machine with the Apple ID you use with your devices.

Connect up each iDevice in turn but *do not* sync them yet.

Instead cancel any auto sync that it tries to do and then right click on the device in the iTunes sidebar (if you're on the latest iTunes, turn the sidebar back on for this (View > Show Sidebar), or command+option+s.

Then select "transfer purchases" and it will move all of your purchased apps and music from each device onto your iMac.

When it has done that, do the same right click action and select "back up".

Now each device has everything you bought from iTunes on the iMac. You just need to move across any manually ripped music from whatever machine you have it on (your old eMac?). Transfer this by hand over ethernet or via a USB stick or something.

Job done!

You don't have to pull all your store content back from the cloud, although it is convenient - USB is much more effective if you have a data cap to worry about!

Edit: you also don't have to use iCloud really - if you back up to the cloud it will store your phone settings and contacts, calendars etc, but not your music or apps, since those are already in the cloud. If you back up to the iMac then it can restore everything back just the way it was without having to pull data from the cloud.

<Link Edited By Host>

Jul 16, 2013 12:58 PM in response to frederick328

This is what I did and got my music back to iMac. I had the same problem today and had just updated Facebook app and then suddenly got spit out of mail app. Rebooted and lost all my songs. Did not have iCloud. My solution:

1. on iPhone settings Mail, Contacts, Calenders - iCloud - music set to off
2. on PC, downloaded and opened up iCloud panel.
3. signed in with my Apple ID.
4. chose to only upload Outlook music, calenders and tasks
5. wait till everything is on the cloud
6. on iPhone settings Mail, Contacts, Calenders - iCloud - contacts now set to on
7. set calenders to on
8, look in music and they are all there

<Link Edited By Host>

Aug 15, 2013 11:00 AM in response to frederick328

Hi friend,You can transfer songs from iPhone to Mac in 2 ways.

1. Through bluetooth.

2. Through USB cable.+++ Steps to transfer songs from iPhone to mac:

. Connect the iPhone to mac using the USB cable.

3. Now go to the iTunes and in iTunes select the devices.

4. In devices select and tap the iPhone

5. Now go to the place where songs are stored in iPhone .

6. Now select the songs which you want to transfer.

7. After selecting press the transfer button.Wait until the songs transfer.After transfering disconnect the iPhone from Mac .Thank you..............

<Link Edited By Host>

Jul 21, 2013 10:49 PM in response to frederick328

I'm not sure what to do when you have Windows Vista, but for Mac users, I just linked my iPhone to my macbook using my USB cable and was able to authorize my computer to receive downloaded files from the itunes store via icloud. You will be prompted through this process if you both of your devices are signed into icloud. I then had to download the songs on my computer in itunes via icloud.

Jul 21, 2013 10:51 PM in response to frederick328

iTunes will sync the contacts back for you.

If you right-click in your iPhone in iTunes, there should be a "Transfer Purchases" option. That will copy anything you got from the iTunes Store from your iPhone back to your Mac.

You can buy a program called senuti to copy music you didnt buy from the iTunes Store back to your Mac.

iPhoto or Image Capture will pull any photos in your Camera Roll, but I dont know about getting pictures you synced back. Im sure theres an app for that. Just remember that iTunes downsized them before it copied them, so they wont be the same quality as orig.

Oh, and go spend 75 for an external hdd and setup Time Machinr to automatically back your Mac up so youre never in this spot again.

Jul 21, 2013 10:55 PM in response to frederick328

Just sync your iphone to your computer and open iPhoto. Once it has detected, select the photos you need to import. When they have been imported into an album, you are able to drag them to any destination. Actually you can find more answer on Apple's support website.

If you don't wanna use iPhoto you get a photo backup program to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. You can easily achive your goal with some simple steps using Vibosoft iPhone to Mac Transfer. Hope it will help

transfer music from iphone to imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.