Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play a Disc Image of a Commercial DVD?

I have an older PowerBook G4 running 10.5.8. I wanted to take some discs on an airplane flight, but my SuperDrive is broken (and I won't be repairing it.)

So I took 5 commercial discs of a TV show (which I purchased & own outright) and saved them as Disc Images on my Desktop, then copied them to my PowerBook. The Audio & Video TS Files are all in there.

When I try to play them with the DVD Player app, I get a 70025 error, saying the disc copy protection could not be verified. I also tried to play them with VLC. They seem to open fine, but either there's no sound or there's sound but the video goes pixelated and jumping.

Is ther any way to play these disc images reliably?

Powerbooks G3 & G4, iMac G5, plus Windows, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 2:52 PM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2012 5:04 PM in response to Rhythm Earthsong

Hello,

You would need to convert those DVD files to another format. When people backup DVD to the hard drive they tend to convert them for play back into something like M4V or AVI. There are some free software that you can download that should help you convert the file format. Not sure if you would need to convert the orginal commerical disk or if the backup file you already have will convert by themselves.

Can I play a Disc Image of a Commercial DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.