Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see a $1 charge but I didnt have any purchases on that day - is this a random charge that appears periodically when I change credit cards on file with the account?

I see a random charge of $1 on my credit card statement. I had not made any purchases and I had downloaded a free app - eIBD the next day. I was wondering if others are seeing such charges on their account, or if there is a yearly fee for the appstore, or if there is a token charge of $1 every time I change the credit card on file with the account. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks 🙂

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2017 2:13 PM

me too...turned up associated with this address:

12545 RIATA VISTA CIRCLE, Austin, TX 78727

Also: www.itunes.com/bill

No record on my apple account of any $1 purchases. I, too, had only downloaded a free app: Reuters

I have initiated a request with my credit card company to investigate, and have changed my pw

I am pretty sure it is a scam.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2017 2:13 PM in response to IndianSeeker

me too...turned up associated with this address:

12545 RIATA VISTA CIRCLE, Austin, TX 78727

Also: www.itunes.com/bill

No record on my apple account of any $1 purchases. I, too, had only downloaded a free app: Reuters

I have initiated a request with my credit card company to investigate, and have changed my pw

I am pretty sure it is a scam.

Dec 15, 2017 6:50 AM in response to CAG1990

Have you looked at your account(s) purchase history : See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

And have you made any changes to the card (e.g. adding the card's security code) or address on the account ? If they are temporary store holding charges they should be removed by the card issuer, or have a corresponding credit

Dec 15, 2017 6:40 AM in response to IndianSeeker

I've been having a similar problem. I have an Apple Music account, so at the start of each month I'm charged $10, but for the past three months my bank statements have a random $1 charge about halfway through the month (on the 14th, 15th, or 16th). I ignored it the first couple times because it was only a dollar, but I don't want this to continue without knowing what it's for.

Also, I haven't changed my card on file at all, though I did use a gift card to pay for my account majority of this past year. Would that be a cause for the charge?

Can anyone shed light on what this dollar charge could be?

Jan 26, 2017 2:21 PM in response to owllight

The length of time an Authorization Hold will remain on an account is up to the Financial institution. It may come off the same night, or it may be out there for 3 days, depending on the circumstances and reason for the hold. The funds are not removed from or charged against the account. It is only a hold, not an actual transaction.

Cheers,

GB

I see a $1 charge but I didnt have any purchases on that day - is this a random charge that appears periodically when I change credit cards on file with the account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.