Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I back up the music from my iPod 160 GB to my computer any more?

The only option I see is to back up purchases from my iPod. What about the music that I've added from CD's? II want to be able to back up all the content on my iPod to my computer. Why does this option not show up any more. If I sync the computer, it will erase everything on the iPod. HELP!

Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:23 PM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2012 9:24 PM in response to anisafrommandeville

The option you are referring to has never existed. Apple has only ever allowed you to transfer iTunes purchases from your iPod back to your PC. Otherwise the sync process is only one way and that is from iTunes to the iPod.

See this older post from another forum member Zevoneer covering the different methods and software available to assist you with the task of copying content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452022?start=0&tstart=0

B-rock

Jun 9, 2012 11:46 PM in response to planb77

Pre iCloud, I could do a manual sync without deleting everything on the iPod. I could also backup my iPod to my computer. I was able to create a playlists in iTunes and copy songs from the iPod into that new iTunes playlist. Since iCloud, a lot of the old features do not work.

I did see Zevoneer's list and am looking into the programs listed.

Jun 10, 2012 8:14 AM in response to anisafrommandeville

I could also backup my iPod to my computer.

Again, you could only backup/sync your purchases from your iPod back to iTunes.

I was able to create a playlists in iTunes and copy songs from the iPod into that new iTunes playlist.

That's not syncing music back to your iTunes library. I have never been able to copy songs that were on my iPod to a new playlist in iTunes unless I created that playlist directly on my iPod via iTunes first.

Since iCloud, a lot of the old features do not work.

What doesn't work? What happens when you try?

B-rock

Why can't I back up the music from my iPod 160 GB to my computer any more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.