Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The installer can’t create the new filder “/var/folders/kt/

Hello everyone, I'm not so sure if am posting this in the right place!!

I'm seeking help with this issue i encountered after installing and reinstalling MAMP, trying to set the root password for MAMP, which never worked, hence i continue uninstalling and reinstalling MAMP, couple more times, however one point in time it gave me this erorr:

There were error with the installation. You may want to try i

The installation failed.

The installer can’t create the new filder “/var/folders/kt/8g6g2k2j5x1_fn32rj475x640000gn/T//install.

335ftMWP5”.

I have erorr for over one week and I try to move on, or install MAMP!!

Thanks, any sugestion would help!!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:49 PM

10 replies

Jun 9, 2012 9:02 PM in response to Mac new baby

Launch the Terminal application in any of the following ways:

Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

If you’re running Mac OS X 10.7 or later, open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the page that opens.

Drag or copy — do not type — the following line into the Terminal window, then press return:

ls -Odel $TMPDIR

Post any lines of output that appear below what you entered — the text, please, not a screenshot.

Dec 10, 2012 3:42 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

I've been getting this error message Lightroom cannot start because it cannot create files in the temporary file location “/var/folders/lK/lKbPbq2OF0aPCbMnDc erE TI/-Tmp-”

I've also been getting others errors about cannot create or modify temporary files when trying to install other programs. Also some of my documents on my computer will not open and crash.

Any help would be helpful.

I've tried doing this as read not sure if it helps:

ls -Odel $TMPD

This is what I had in response:

drwxr-xr-x 36 root admin - 1224 Dec 9 00:29 /var/folders/lK/lKbPbq2OF0aPCbMnDc+erE+++TI/-Tmp-/

The installer can’t create the new filder “/var/folders/kt/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.