Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1402 while installing iTunes.

Hey guys, I have a problem with installing iTunes, and I've come to believe it's called "error 1402".

Here is what it looks like:

User uploaded file

I have no idea how to fix it, and the solution Apple provides didn't help me.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 4:24 PM

Doublechecking. In the course of your troubleshooting to date, have you worked through the following user tip?

"Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\[LongStringOfLettersAndNumbers]\[LongStringOfLettersAndNumbe rs]" error messages when installing iTunes for Windows

7 replies

Jun 12, 2012 9:06 PM in response to DickChappy

Yes, but under installer I don't have "UserData".

Can you post a screenshot of what you have under Installer in Regedit, please?

Open regedit so it's showing the Installer key (and what is inside it when the key is expanded). Hold down the Alt key and hit the PrtSc key. Paste the screenshot into an image file (using a program like Paint), and save the file.

Start a reply here and click the wee camera icon at the top of the reply window. Click "Choose file", browse to the image file, select the file and click "Open". Now click "Insert file" to insert the screenshot into the reply.

Error 1402 while installing iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.