Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shorten a song

I've made a tune with several dead/ no sound bars at the end . It's that way for all the tracks I used in the tune . How do I delete the unwanted parts at the end ?

I had saved "drag the End of Song marker to the exact end of the last region in your project: shorting the end of tune " as info for a guide. Can't seem to get a grip on how to do that now. I also checked ... bulletsandbones ...

Any simple clean to do what I want ,

Thanks & Peace

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:59 AM

7 replies

Jun 11, 2012 3:02 AM in response to HangTime

HangTime ... I don't seem to get it. Maybe I don't understand drag-select .... Here's what I'm doing and what I'm seeing.

I go to the end of the project .Starting with the top track I hold the mouse down and move the arrow down and it's selecting all my tracks and then I move it to the left. I feel it's selecting things because everything to the right is now a different color of gray. But it doesn't seem get rid of what I want. When I stop holding the mouse down everythings as it was.

Thanks

Jun 11, 2012 4:14 AM in response to HangTime

HANGTIME ,

Guess I'm slower than a fat dawg on a hot day ...... or thicker than honey in the snow. It's doing the same thing.

Step one ... go to the end of project . I can then start from the top and select all the tracks used going down.

I can then move towards the left and get a big darker gray box all the way to where I want to leave the music. As soon as I let go of the mouse everything is the same. I'm not understanding "drag the corner " if I move to arrow it simply changes the darker gray box ...

Thanks for trying

How do I shorten a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.