Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i disable pop-up blockers?

I am working in a program that tells me that uness disable pop-up blockers, i will not have the full functionality of the program. I can't find anyting under that topic through the Help function. Any one know how to do this?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:24 AM

What web browser are you using? In Safari go to the Safari menu and select Block pop-up windows, which is presumably checked. Selecting it will un-check it, allowing pop-ups.

If you use FireFox, open the Preferences (in the FireFox menu) and go to the Content tab. Uncheck the box for Block pop-up windows.

If you use another browser you will need to let us know which.

Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2012 7:24 AM in response to cmichell

What web browser are you using? In Safari go to the Safari menu and select Block pop-up windows, which is presumably checked. Selecting it will un-check it, allowing pop-ups.

If you use FireFox, open the Preferences (in the FireFox menu) and go to the Content tab. Uncheck the box for Block pop-up windows.

If you use another browser you will need to let us know which.

Best of luck.

how do i disable pop-up blockers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.