Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tetris game in Keynote?

Hi all,

I am wanting to create a concept idea for a graduate class. The idea is to use the game Tetris as my metaphor for how landfills in our country fill up. My idea was to create four or five of the classic Tetris shapes and also import a plastic bag icon to put on top of each piece. As the pieces fall, the bags will reach the top of the screen showing a landfill "creation."

I've messed around with the Shape creation and tried out animating each shape using the Move Action under the Build Inspector. Yet, I'm getting stuck.

Has anyone ever made Tetris before in any slideshow? I want to show each piece "falling." Do I need to make multiple slides and merge them? If so, how? Any suggestions on how to make the pieces show up one at a time(like in the game at the top?).

I plan on having a small right hand section with information and statistics.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 12:09 PM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2012 12:13 PM in response to OlsonAH82

It would take a lot of animations, but can be done in the same slide. Click the Inspector, click the animations tab (yellow diamond). Select the Tetris shape you want to move. Select the Action tab and for Effect select Move. You would have to do this each time you want a shape to move. Alternatively, you could use the Appear and Disappear effects to have objects disappear and then reappear in a new position (you would need duplicate objects). Perhaps someone else knows an easier way.

Tetris game in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.