Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No volume without headphones plugged in

Interesting issue out of the blue on my itouch 3rd gen. No volume control without headphones plugged in. With phones plugged in I can your touch screen or physical up/down buttons to control volume. Without headphones neither way works and volume is zero.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:52 AM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2012 8:08 PM in response to tbmuzic

I can not control either volume control to change it without headphones in...so it is not a hardware issue.

Actually, that is a pretty good sign of a hardware failure/damage. Is a reset, restore, or restore from backup did not resolve the issue, you know it's not software related. You'll need to have the iPod serviced or replaced either by Apple or a third party service center.

B-rock

No volume without headphones plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.