Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"edit in external editor" results in unwanted duplicates - help!

I've been using iPhoto for years. I've also frequently edited my iPhoto photos in Adobe Photoshop Elements and simply saved the edited photos. No duplicates. The original version could still be returned to (just as if I'd edited in iPhoto).

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, v. 10, every time I go to the external editor, iPhoto (or Photoshop?) creates a DUPLICATE photo when I save the edited file.

Any wisdom?

I'll also check with Adobe, but I know I'll get quicker - and better - advice here in Apple Discussions.

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:52 AM

9 replies

Jun 10, 2012 12:02 PM in response to Yer_Man

Just in case this was the issue, while wating for a reply from you & others, I did exactly that...hoping they listen to feedback on this issue and act on it soon.

(I'm one of those disenchanted Apple customers who is skeptical that anyone's listening...witness the death of Mobileme and my beloved Gallery and the endless, long discussions on this subject on this website.)

Thanks for the reply, Terence. I suppose it's always good to know the problem isn't me, it's Them.

"edit in external editor" results in unwanted duplicates - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.