Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with transition to iCloud

Specifics: I have a Mac Pro Dual Core Intel Xeon, 5 GB RAM on OS 10.6.8, using MobileMe. My email is delivered through Mail via a POP account. I don't want to upgrade to Lion, but will upgrade my iPhone to IOS 5. Currently syncing through iTunes. Can I use iCloud? Sync Calendar & Contacts? If I don't switch to iCloud, can I continue using iTunes to sync my info? Just need a little direction. Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GHz Dual Core; 5 GB RAM

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:32 PM

If you don't migrate from MobileMe to iCloud before June 30, 2012, you will lose your e-mail address.

Unfortunately unless you update from Snow Leopard to Lion, you will not be able to sync contacts and calendars etc via iCloud, but you will be able to use iCloud mail.

Although you cannot sync contacts and calendars via iCloud, you can either access them through your web browser at icloud.com or sync via iTunes instead.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2012 1:32 PM in response to Photographer

If you don't migrate from MobileMe to iCloud before June 30, 2012, you will lose your e-mail address.

Unfortunately unless you update from Snow Leopard to Lion, you will not be able to sync contacts and calendars etc via iCloud, but you will be able to use iCloud mail.

Although you cannot sync contacts and calendars via iCloud, you can either access them through your web browser at icloud.com or sync via iTunes instead.

Jul 4, 2012 9:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Nothing in Apple's documentation said that contacts would be lost when transitioning to iCloud on a non-supported platform (in this case, Snow Leopard). I've seen others that say that we should have access to our contacts.

Since Mountain Lion is not even in the App Store yet, why would Apple force a migration that required Lion?

I still believe that contacts should be available - it's inconceivable that Apple would do otherwise to long time Mac users.

Help with transition to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.