4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 9:31 AM by annmstewart@mac.com
Photographer Level 1 (25 points)

Specifics: I have a Mac Pro Dual Core Intel Xeon, 5 GB RAM on OS 10.6.8, using MobileMe. My email is delivered through Mail via a POP account. I don't want to upgrade to Lion, but will upgrade my iPhone to IOS 5. Currently syncing through iTunes. Can I use iCloud? Sync Calendar & Contacts? If I don't switch to iCloud, can I continue using iTunes to sync my info? Just need a little direction. Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GHz Dual Core; 5 GB RAM
  • Winston Churchill Level 10 (95,529 points)

If you don't migrate from MobileMe to iCloud before June 30, 2012, you will lose your e-mail address.

Unfortunately unless you update from Snow Leopard to Lion, you will not be able to sync contacts and calendars etc via iCloud, but you will be able to use iCloud mail.

Although you cannot sync contacts and calendars via iCloud, you can either access them through your web browser at icloud.com or sync via iTunes instead.

• Photographer Level 1 (25 points)

Thank you, Winston!

• JenniferRules Level 2 (355 points)

If  you have an older system that cannot run 10.7 you can keep your me.com or mac.com email address.

Go to www.me.com/move

Select "Not all my devices meet requirements"

Follow instructions

Before June 30!

Good luck

• annmstewart@mac.com Level 1 (0 points)

Nothing in Apple's documentation said that contacts would be lost when transitioning to iCloud on a non-supported platform (in this case, Snow Leopard). I've seen others that say that we should have access to our contacts.

Since Mountain Lion is not even in the App Store yet, why would Apple force a migration that required Lion?

I still believe that contacts should be available - it's inconceivable that Apple would do otherwise to long time Mac users.