Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My charger connects with my macbook with a very faint green light (not the normal orange light) and can maintain the computer turned on but does not charge the battery.

My charger connects with my computer with a very faint green light (not the normal orange light) and can maintain the computer turned on but does not charge the battery. The power source to keep it on is the power adapter and that it's "Not charging" on the battery settings. And my charger seems to charge other computers fine.

The part of my mac where the adapter (L-shaped, magnetic) attaches is a bit damaged - a small piece of the white case/body around the part where the adapter attaches is broken off, but that's just an outer damage.

I don't know what's wrong with my computer, and if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what's going on, it'd be tremendously helpful!

Thank you!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:34 PM

There are no replies.

My charger connects with my macbook with a very faint green light (not the normal orange light) and can maintain the computer turned on but does not charge the battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.