Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 08 resize photo to Mail Problem

I'm trying to help a friend running OS 10.5.8 and iPhoto 8.1.2 on a Mac Pro.

The problem is in iPhoto he selects a photo to e-mail. It gives him a choice of size say122kb. It launches Mail and attaches the photo to the e-mail perfectly. And the file size goes from 122 to 260kb. This is a fairly new behavior. There must be a setting that he has messed up someplace but I have looked and not been able to discover it. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 2:11 PM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2012 2:36 PM in response to PhotoMacGuy

The thing that is really strange about this is that it should be exporting from iPhoto at the122kb which in my mind means that 122kb is the biggest photo that Mail should get. it's the fact that it is increasing in size that is the problem. I personally don't even see how it's possible. Unless there is an export script somewhere that is gotten corrupted. It totally has me confused.

Jun 11, 2012 3:57 PM in response to PhotoMacGuy

Hi all,

I truly have a strange thing happening. I originally posted that I was helping a (friend see above). I came home checked my updated iPhoto 9.2.3 click on the picture added export to mail and it went from 122KB to around 74kb then I imported one of my friends photos a PSD file into my iPhoto library and it exported at 122kb and ended up in mail at 174kb. I removed the file but now all of my exports get larger also. I tried rebuilding the database but that did not seem to help. Any ideas?

iPhoto 08 resize photo to Mail Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.