Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable HTML5 on iPad 2 so I can watch tv online?

I am wanting to watch tv online it I have a message coming up saying " this player is not enabled for html5 delivery". How can ie able html5?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:18 PM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2012 7:24 PM in response to Joesif

Actually, your iPad supports HTML5. What you're really seeing is a Flash video, which is not supported on iPad.

Check the App Store to see if the site you are trying to watch from has an App in the App Store.

If that doesn't work, there are Apps you can buy that do, with some limitation support Flash. Photon, Puffin and iSwifter. Buy the paid version, not the free "Lite" version.

Jun 13, 2012 1:37 AM in response to Joesif

Joesif, I was trying todo the same in new Zealand but got the same message. I saw your post then the answer of rbrylawski and checked out the applications. I read a bit and photon and swifter didn't seem to be what I needed to watch but puffin worked so I'm off to bed to watch tv show I missed on my iPad. Thanks rbrylawski!!

How do I enable HTML5 on iPad 2 so I can watch tv online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.