Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay using Ethernet not working

Hi all,

I have recently connected my Apple TV 2 via Ethernet to increase performance and stability.

I went to try AirPlay and I cannot see the icon on the iPad 2.

AirPlay is turned on in the Apple TV settings menu.

I tried restarting both the iPad 2 and Apple TV but still nothing.

I was able to connect my iMac to share my iTunes library with no problems but I can't seem to get AirPlay working with the Ethernet connection.

The iPad 2 is using the same network connection as the Ethernet.

Prior to connecting with Ethernet I was able to use AirPlay on wifi.

Any ideas on how I can get AirPlay working using Ethernet?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 10:29 PM

Sorry, you're out of luck. Quote: The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).

See here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4215

Cheers.

13 replies

Nov 15, 2012 9:40 AM in response to cheekyage

The same problem with B&W A7 speakers. 😠

It works correctly if we use WIFI, but doesn't work if we use Ethernet.

Ipad 2 (AirPlay) can´t find the devive, but if you browse with Safari to the address (IP) of the device, you can access the configuration page of the device.

I suppose it's a problem of Airplay software, which only uses wifi to search for devices ??¿¿¿??¿?

Dec 2, 2012 11:31 PM in response to MS_

Apologies if this is different but I'm desperate to fi d a solution to my problem is this has some elements of similarities.

I have wired in Mac mini 2011 and ATV2 and 3 through a netgear switch and I can't get mirroring to work from the mini to either ATV. I have all the functionality but when I mirror my ATVs both show a flickering strobing mess on my tv screen. My IOS devices all Morris perfectly. It seems just my OSX devices dont

Mar 19, 2013 6:32 AM in response to Douglas Schommer

i saw lots of people suggest this, but oddly, my problem was, and this is my untechnical explanation, the display port seemed to not be activated.

What i mean by that is that i had never plugged a screen in to my Mini, always accessing it from a renmote device. Once i plugged in a screen, the mirroring worked straight away.

Is that right? possible? Worked for me anyhow..

AirPlay using Ethernet not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.