Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'd like to start an apple reseller store in Burma.

Hello everyone,

I come from Burma, a country in South East Asia. Here, Burmese folks seem to be in the craze for apple. Magazines, IT newspapers, billboards, you name it, apple is everywhere. We have dozens if not hundreds of computer electronic stores that sell apple products all across the former capital, Yangon.

I am college student who graduated from a US high school and now currently living back in my country. I own several apple products from ipods, iphones, macs just like every other mac crazed lover.

Now the problem is, when I got back to burma, my macbook screen had stopped working. After going around the city asking store to store about getting my macbook fixed, I'd gotten answers mostly saying they're not qualified to do such repairs and my computer would have to be shipped off to a neighboring country, Singapore, Thailand. Still unsatisfied with the answers from them, I went googling for apple service centers and official resellers and it was much ado about nothing. Well, except for this store locator page from apple themselves which I found to be a little humorous. http://www.apple.com/asia/reseller/mm/

My country has been under strict junta rule for decades. Everything had been recently sanctioned. However, reforms are taking place and most sanctions have been lifted or are currently being taken out.

This makes me sad to know shops that sell apple merchandise only well, do sales. Servicing isn't an option if you hadn't bought the product straight from the mom and pop apple stores.

I'd be very interested in opening an official apple reseller shop here in Burma. As I'm still a college student, I do not understand much about running businesses or setting up shop. Regardless, I am certain we need a store here that can handle proper sales and marketing and more importantly, as well as servicing. I'm not sure if anyone has stepped up, contacted apple and has been denied this official dealership. I wanted to see what apple community members think about my idea, whether if this is merely imposible or if anything, just comments or suggestions of any kind.

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."

Apple Dealership-OTHER

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:01 PM

4 replies

I'd like to start an apple reseller store in Burma.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.